In today’s world, Artificial Intelligence (AI) has made significant progress and advancements, which have revolutionized different industries and sectors, including healthcare, education, and finance. Keeping up with the latest trends and updates in the field of AI is vital to stay ahead of the game. Thus, in this blog, we will look at some of the latest news and developments in AI for May 26th, 2023.
Daily AI News May 26th, 2023
1. The CEO of OpenAI said that if it cannot comply with the EU’s upcoming artificial intelligence regulations, the company may consider withdrawing from the European market. Currently, the European Union is developing AI regulations, which may be the first set of regulations governing AI in the world. Draft regulations show that companies deploying generative AI tools such as ChatGPT must disclose any copyrighted material used to develop their systems.
2. Neuralink, Musk’s brain-computer interface company, has been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and will launch the first human clinical study of brain implants. Neuralink is developing a brain implant that it hopes will help paralyzed people walk again and cure other neurological disorders.
3. JPMorgan Chase is developing an artificial intelligence service similar to ChatGPT to select investment targets for customers. The bank applied this month to trademark a product called “IndexGPT,” which will use “cloud computing software and artificial intelligence” to “analyze and select securities that meet client needs,” documents show. JPMorgan Chase may be the first established financial company to plan to launch a ChatGPT-like product directly to customers.
4. TikTok is testing a chatbot called Tako that can answer users’ questions and hold conversations with them. Currently, Tako’s icon appears at the top right of the app’s screen. After clicking the icon, users are taken to an instant messenger where they can ask questions. Tako is currently only available to TikTok users over the age of 18.
5. Microsoft calls for the creation of a new U.S. agency to license artificial intelligence.
6. British Prime Minister Sunak and Google CEO Pichai will meet privately on Friday to discuss the threats and opportunities posed by artificial intelligence. The conference will focus on the challenges related to artificial intelligence, and the investment environment for technology companies in the UK.
7. Lazada, an e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia, launched LazzieChat, the first e-commerce artificial intelligence chat robot in Southeast Asia.
8. Artificial intelligence startup CharacterAI has launched its first app for ios and Android mobile devices – Good Chat Bot, which allows users to create and chat with chatbots that can imitate anyone or anything.
Baidu Group, China
9. He Junjie, Senior Vice President of Baidu Group: Baidu Search’s functions such as “AI Partner” and “AIBOT” based on large models are in internal testing, and follow-up AI notes, AI filming, AI painting, AIBOT, etc. will be opened for creators closed beta. He also said that this year, Baidu will comprehensively upgrade the content ecological AIGC creation tools, launch the AI co-creation plan, and provide creators with a package of creative methods.
10. Meituan Wang Xing: is researching and developing basic models and applications, and is open to external technical cooperation. If relevant progress is made, he will be happy to keep pace with the market.
11. Preview: 2023 World Artificial Intelligence Conference (July 6), 2023 World Robot Expo (August 17-20)
The advancements in AI will continue to revolutionize different sectors in the coming years, leading to better outcomes and achievements. As AI lovers, it is essential to keep up with the latest trends and updates in AI to stay ahead of the game and make the most of this technology.