Here are some recent developments and events in the field of AI:
- Japan is setting up a new “strategy council” to discuss national AI strategy and provide policy guidance.
- The EU is proposing new legislation that would require AI service providers to disclose the copyrighted materials used in their systems.
- DigiBuild, a US supply chain, and building software company has incorporated ChatGPT into their project to significantly reduce the time and effort required for tasks such as record keeping and phone calls.
- According to Goldman Sachs, the adoption of advanced productivity tools using natural language processing could lead to 7% annual global GDP growth in the next decade.
- Alibaba’s CEO revealed that engineers at Alibaba Cloud are experimenting with using natural language commands in DingTalk to remotely control industrial robots.
- Huawei’s mining laboratory has launched using AI models to improve coal mining efficiency and safety.
- A series of big AI model release events are scheduled, including the AI Learning Machine launch by iFLYTEK (May 6), Google I/O 2023 (May 11), World Intelligence Congress (May 18-21), Microsoft Build 2023 (May 23-25), and World Artificial Intelligence Conference 2023.