Copying and pasting on an iPad with a keyboard is easy. By connecting your keyboard to your iPad, you can quickly move text from one place to another or copy large bodies of text without having to type everything out again. Read on for a step-by-step guide on how to connect the keyboard to your iPad, and how to copy and paste using the keyboard or without a keyboard.
Table of Contents
How to Connect Your Keyboard to Your iPad?
There are 2 methods to connect your keyboard to your iPad up to the type of your keyboard. Wired keyboards or wireless keyboards.
If your keyboard is the wired keyboard which is matched your iPad.
You can follow the steps below:
1. Plug the keyboard USB cable into the charging port of your iPad and then plug in the other end of the cable into your keyboard.
2. Once connected, a small pop-up window will appear asking if you want to “Use Password” or “Don’t Use Password”.
3. Select “Don’t Use Password” and hit enter.
Then your keyboard will connect successfully!
If your keyboard is a wireless keyboard, you can connect them to the BlueTooth. iPads support Bluetooth to connect. Whether you’re using an Apple Smart Keyboard, Logitech K811, or any other Bluetooth-enabled keyboard, the setup process is easy and quick.
Here’s How to Connect Your Keyboard:
1. Turn on your Bluetooth keyboard and make sure it is discoverable.
2. Open Settings on your iPad and tap “Bluetooth”.
3. Look for your keyboard in the list of available devices, then tap “Pair” next to it.
4. Type in a four-digit code (if prompted) on both the iPad and the keyboard to confirm the connection.
5. Once connected, you can use the keyboard with any app that supports text entry like Notes, Messages, or Pages.
Tip: To save battery life, press and hold the power button on your keyboard until it turns off when you’re done using it or if you’re planning to store it away for a while.
How to Copy & Paste on iPad Using the Keyboard?
After connecting the keyboard with the iPad, copying and pasting on an iPad with a keyboard is easy! All you need to do is use the keyboard shortcuts. To cut, press Command + X; to copy, press Command + C; and to paste, press Command + V.
If you want to select the text, hold two fingers on the keyboard for a few seconds until the cursor enters Selection Mode. Then drag your fingers across the iPad screen to highlight the text you want to copy or cut.
You can also use Paste Keyboard for iPhone and iPad. To activate it, go to System Settings → General → Keyboards and tap “Add New Keyboard…” Find Paste in the Third-party Keyboards list and add it.
Before iOS 16.3 version, copying and pasting were done by pressing Alt/Cmd C followed by Alt/Cmd V.
Of course, if you have the mouse for your iPad, that will be easy more to select, copy and paste. Same as the any computer or laptop. You don’t need to use a keyboard.
No keyboard or Mouse
If you just have no keyboard or mouse for your iPad, you can copy and paste on your iPad too.There are two ways to do it without any additional hardware.
Touch & Hold
- To select the text, touch and hold the words you want to copy
- Tap “Select” at the top of the screen.
- Drag your finger over additional words to highlight them
- Tap “Copy” at the top of the screen.
- Paste the copied text anywhere else.
- Place two fingers lightly together on the text you want to copy and hold for a few seconds until it’s highlighted.
- Drag your fingers across the iPad’s screen to select multiple words or even an entire paragraph
- Tap “Copy” at the top of the screen.
- Paste it anywhere else.
Without keyboards or mouses can copy and paste on your iPad. Connecting a physical keyboard to an iPad is also a great way for users to access an external mouse/trackpad device. Knowing how to properly copy/paste using these keyboards will save time and make typing easier overall! Hope the content can help you well. For more how-to guides or tech news, please check hugtechs.com