If you’re an iPhone user, chances are you use the stock keyboard settings from Apple. But did you know that you can easily reset your keyboard and even change it to a different one? Do you know how to change or reset it?
It’s true, everyone loves their iPhone! We can’t live without mobile phones. It helps us stay connected to friends and family, manage our busy schedules on the go, play music, or stream movies and TV shows. However, did you meet any inconvenience when you use the iPhone default keyboard when typing something? Like the language difference as it comes with an English keyboard, but you need a Spanish keyboard or stuff. Or you want to effectively your typing skills and have a better typing experience. In this article, I will share with you how to change and reset your iPhone keyboard setting to make typing easier, faster, and more convenient. Keep reading if you want helpful tips for setting up an awesome new iPhone keyboard! And I will also share with you some hide typing settings to improve your typing experience.
Table of Contents
Why do You need to Reset or Change Your iPhone Keyboard?
There are currently more than 50 different keyboard layouts available for iPhone users. These layouts include different languages and scripts, as well as variations for different regions and countries.
QWERTY layout – a standard keyboard layout for most Western languages.
AZERTY layout – French keyboard layout.
QWERTZ layout – German keyboard layout.
QZERTY layout – an alternative French keyboard layout.
ЙЦУКЕН layout – Russian keyboard layout.
拼音/手写 layout – Chinese keyboard layouts.
한글 layout – Korean keyboard layout.
Kana layout – Japanese keyboard layout.
Changing and resetting iPhone keyboards can help you a lot when you need them. Such as making sure it matches your style, caters to your needs, and provides a better overall user experience. People may want to change their iPhone keyboard settings for a variety of reasons, including:
By changing the keyboard settings, users can modify the appearance and functionality of their iPhone’s keyboard to better suit their individual preferences and needs.
American English keyboard layout, someone is used to Jiugongge typing layout, especially Chinese people. In this situation, Chinese people may need to change and reset their iPhone keyboard layout.
Users who need to type in different languages or symbols can add different keyboard options to their iPhones and toggle between them when needed.
Because of the economy globally, we may learn other languages and make friends or do business with other countries’ people. We need to communicate them with other language keyboard layouts. Then you need to change it.
People with disabilities or impairments may need to modify their keyboard settings to better accommodate their physical abilities or visual needs, such as adjusting the size of the keys or enabling alternative input methods.
Ease of typing
The iPhone keyboard is optimized for easy typing, with features such as autocorrect, predictive text, and on-screen suggestions. While the autocorrect function can help users type more efficiently, it can also be a source of frustration when it continuously suggests the wrong words. Changing the autocorrect settings can help to minimize errors when typing.
The iPhone keyboard integrates with other apps, allowing for efficient text input across a range of applications. There are many third-party ios keyboard apps for iPhone, such as Grammarly Keyboard. It is an effective spell-checker and grammar-checker functionality that work very well. Maybe next time I can share some awesome third-party ios keyboard apps for iPhone.
How to Reset Keyboard Settings on iPhone?
Here are the steps to change your keyboard settings on an iPhone:
1. Go to Settings and select General.
2. Scroll down and select Keyboard.
Tab on “Keyboard”, you can find your available keyboards and find the ” Add New Keyboard” selection
Tab on ” Add New Keyboard”, and you will find a list of available Keyboard settings to modify.
Then the keyboards you choose will be available for your iPhone. If you want to reorder your keyboard’s priority, return to the Keyboard section in your Settings and then tap Edit at the top of the screen.
Of course, if you download some third-party keyboard apps, you can also find them here. You can select them with the same actions.
If the system prompted to give the keyboard full access or allow full access to enable all of its features. Tap Allow to proceed. Then the keyboard will be set successfully.
How to Change the Keyboard Setting When You Typing?
After you added the keyboard successfully, we can start to use the new keyboard. Your new keyboard will also be added to your list of available keyboards. You can access it by tapping on the globe icon on the keyboard to switch between keyboards.
Some additional settings and customization options
There are some additional settings and customization options that may be available depending on the version of iOS that is installed on your device. By modifying your keyboard settings, you can better tailor the keyboard to your individual preferences and optimize your typing experience. Here is an overview of the keyboard settings on an iPhone:
- Auto-Correction – This feature automatically corrects misspelled words and can be toggled on or off.
- Check Spelling – This setting underlines misspelled words as you type.
- Predictive – This feature suggests words as you type and can be toggled on or off.
- Character Preview – This setting displays a larger version of a letter or number as you type it.
- Shortcuts – This feature allows you to create shortcuts for frequently used words or phrases.
- Enable Caps Lock – This setting allows you to lock the keyboard in all caps.
- Keyboards – This setting allows you to add or remove keyboards, such as emojis or foreign language keyboards.
- Text Replacement – This feature allows you to create shortcuts that will automatically be replaced with a longer word or phrase.
- One-Handed Keyboard – This setting shifts the keyboard to one side of the screen for easier one-handed typing.
These settings can be accessed by going to Settings > General > Keyboard on your iPhone.
Tips and Tricks for an Enhanced User Experience with the iPhone Keyboard
Here are some tips and tricks for an enhanced user experience with the iPhone keyboard:
Use the space bar to scroll – When typing out a message, you can swipe left or right on the space bar to move the insertion point, allowing you to easily navigate through your message.
Enable one-handed keyboard – To make typing easier for those who find it hard to type one-handed on larger screens, the iPhone now has a one-handed keyboard. To enable it, go to Settings > General > Keyboard and enable “One-Handed Keyboard”. This will shift the keyboard towards one side of the screen.
Add text shortcuts – If you frequently type out long phrases or sentences, consider adding a text shortcut. Go to Settings > General > Keyboard and select “Text Replacement”. Add the long phrase in the Phrase field and then add a shortcut for that phrase in the Shortcut field. This will allow you to type in the shortcut and have the full phrase automatically filled in.
Turn off auto-correct – If you find auto-correct to be more of a hindrance than a help, turn it off. Go to Settings > General > Keyboard and toggle “Auto-Correction” off.
Customize the keyboard – To customize the keyboard display, go to Settings > General > Keyboard and select “Keyboards”. Here, you can add or remove keyboards, change the order in which they appear, and even change the color of the keyboard.
Use Siri to type – If you have Siri enabled, you can use her to type out messages for you. To do this, activate Siri and then speak out the message that you want to send.
Overall, these tips and tricks can help you have an enhanced user experience with the iPhone keyboard. By customizing your settings and using the available features, you can type more easily and improve your efficiency when using your device.
Troubleshooting tips for resetting the iPhone keyboard
If you are having trouble resetting the keyboard on your iPhone, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Restart your iPhone – Sometimes restarting your iPhone can resolve minor software glitches that may be affecting the keyboard.
- Check your storage – If your iPhone is low on storage, this may be affecting the keyboard’s performance. Try freeing up some space by deleting unnecessary files and apps.
- Update your software – Make sure that your iPhone’s software is up to date. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to see if there are any available updates.
- Disable third-party keyboards – If you have third-party keyboards installed, try disabling them to see if this resolves the issue. Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards and swipe left on any third-party keyboard to remove it.
- Reset all settings – If none of the above tips work, you can try resetting all settings on your iPhone by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will reset all settings to their defaults, but it will not delete any of your data or files.
- Contact Apple Support – If the issue persists, you can contact Apple Support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or recommend a repair or replacement if necessary.
By following these troubleshooting tips, you can hopefully resolve any issues you may be experiencing with resetting the keyboard on your iPhone.
Resetting or changing your keyboard settings can make typing much easier and faster on an iPhone! By following these simple steps outlined in this blog post—resetting your existing keyboard or downloading a third-party app—you can quickly customize your device so it best meets your needs while still maintaining its signature speed and accuracy. So don’t wait — start exploring different apps today and find out which one works best for you!
People Also Read: How To Copy And Paste With The Keyboard？