TikTok has become one of the most popular social media apps among millennials and Gen Zers, and it’s no wonder why. With millions of short-form video content uploaded every day, it’s easy to get lost in the sea of content. Fortunately, TikTok has a feature that allows you to repost or share videos you enjoy with your followers. Reposting on TikTok is an excellent way to discover new content and make your own videos even more engaging. In this post, we’ll go over everything you need to know about reposting on TikTok.
Table of Contents
What is Reposting on TikTok?
Reposting on TikTok refers to the process of sharing an existing TikTok video on your own profile or another platform. This can be done to highlight someone else’s content, share a favorite video with your followers, or participate in a trend or challenge.
Please note that it’s essential to respect the original creator’s rights and give proper credit when reposting their content. Be aware of any copyright issues or potential violations of TikTok’s community guidelines.
Ways to repost a video on TikTok
- Tap the “Share” button on the video you want to repost
- Then select “Duet.” You can then record your own video alongside the original
- Shared together as a new post on your profile.
- Tap the “Share” button and select “Stitch.”
- Choose the portion of the original video you want to include
- Record your own video to complement it.
- The stitched video will be posted on your profile, giving credit to the original creator.
Sharing on other platforms
- Tap the “Share” button on the video and select the platform where you’d like to repost it.
- The video will be shared on that platform, including a link back to the original TikTok post.
Download and re-upload
How to Repost on TikTok as Download and re-upload?
Download the video
The first step to reposting a TikTok video is to download the content to your device.
- Find the video you wish to repost by scrolling through your feed or searching through the Discover section.
- Once you come across a video you like, tap on the “Share” icon and select “Save Video”.
- The video will be saved to your device’s camera roll.
Post the video
Now that you have downloaded the TikTok video, you can repost it on your profile.
- Select the “+” icon in the bottom center of your screen and choose the video from your camera roll.
- Once you have the video selected, tap on “Next” and add your desired captions and hashtags to the post.
Before you hit “Post”, make sure you give credit to the original uploader in the caption. This is important to ensure that you are not infringing on copyright laws and giving proper credit.
Share your story
If you want to share the video with your followers but don’t necessarily want to post it on your profile, you can share it with your story.
- Select the video from your camera roll and tap the “Share” icon.
- From there, select “Share to Story”.
- Add any desired text, hashtags, or emojis to your story, and let your followers enjoy the content.
Repost with the app
Another way to repost TikTok videos is by using third-party apps like “TikTok Downloader” or “TikTok Wall Picture”. These apps allow you to repost TikTok videos directly from the app without downloading and posting them yourself.
- Simply copy the link to the video you want to share
- paste it into the app, and follow the prompts to repost the video.
Before using any third-party apps, make sure you read the app’s terms and conditions and understand any potential risks involved.
Give proper credit
When reposting TikTok videos, it’s essential to give credit to the original creator. This can be done by tagging their username in the caption, adding a watermark to the video, or including a disclaimer. Providing credit is not only the right thing to do but can also help you gain a reputation as a respectful and responsible user of the app.
How to Remove the TikTok Watermark?
Removing the TikTok watermark can be an easy task with the help of video editing apps. Doing this provides creators with greater control and flexibility over their content.
To remove the watermark, we need to use a video editor app. Some recommended video editors for removing the watermark are InShot, CapCut, and iMovie.
- Download any of these apps from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open the newly downloaded video in the video editor app.
- Once opened, you may choose to crop or edit the video to your preferred setting.
- From there, you can carefully cover the TikTok watermark with graphics, emojis, or text.
Be sure to keep the original video size unless you plan to post on other platforms with a different aspect ratio.
Reposting TikTok content can offer several benefits for users, creators, and brands. Some of these benefits include:
Reposting popular or trending content can boost your profile’s engagement, as it may attract more likes, comments, and shares from your followers and the broader TikTok community.
Participation in trends and challenges: By reposting and participating in viral trends and challenges, you can increase your profile’s visibility and potentially gain new followers who are interested in similar content.
Content curation: Reposting allows you to curate a collection of your favorite TikTok videos on your profile, showcasing your interests and preferences to your followers and visitors.
Showcasing user-generated content: For brands, reposting user-generated content featuring their products or services can be an effective marketing strategy. It demonstrates appreciation for customer loyalty, fosters a sense of community, and provides social proof that can influence potential customers.
Networking and collaboration: Reposting other creators’ content can help build relationships within the TikTok community, opening up opportunities for networking, collaboration, and cross-promotion.
Inspiring creativity: By reposting and engaging with others’ content, you expose yourself to new ideas and creative approaches that can inspire your own content creation.
Supporting fellow creators: Reposting can help amplify the reach of other creators’ content, showcasing their talent to a wider audience and potentially assisting them in gaining more followers and recognition.
It’s important to remember that when reposting content, always give proper credit to the original creator and ensure you respect copyright guidelines and TikTok’s community rules.
Reposting on TikTok can be a great way to curate content for your own profile and share content with your followers. Whether you choose to download and repost manually or use third-party apps, it’s important to give proper credit to the original uploader. By following these simple steps, you can repost TikTok videos ethically and responsibly. Happy reposting!