If you are a Mac user and interested in capturing screen videos for tutorials, presentations, or other purposes, then screen recording can help you in achieving your goal. But, if you are new to Mac and don’t know how to start recording your screen. No worries, in this article, we will teach you how to screen record on Mac easily. There are multiple ways of recording the screen on Mac, each with its benefits. So, let’s dive in and see how you can start recording your screen.
Table of Contents
How to Screen Record on Mac?
Taking a screenshot of your screen is a great way to capture important information, share it with others, or save it for later. There are many ways can help you to do it!
1. Screenshot toolbar on Mac:
Using the Screenshot toolbar is an easy and efficient way to capture whatever is happening on your screen quickly and easily. Follow the given steps to record the screen using the Screenshot toolbar on Mac:
- Pressing the Windows key + Shift + S on your keyboard
- Then it will bring up an overlay menu with several options for capturing your screen. Choose to record a video of what’s happening on your screen.
- Click the stop icon in the top menu bar to stop the recording.
- Select where to save the screenshot or recording and give it a name.
- Click “Save” and you’ll have successfully captured your screen
2. QuickTime Player:
The quickest and easiest way of recording the screen on Mac is through the QuickTime player. QuickTime is a pre-installed Screen recording software in Mac OS X. Follow the given steps to record screen using the QuickTime player:
- Open QuickTime by searching for it in the Applications folder.
- Click on the File menu and select New Screen Recording.
- You can adjust the settings like microphone selection, video quality, and recording frame before starting your recording.
- Press the Record button to start recording and click the Stop button to finish the recording.
3. Screen Flow:
Screen Flow is a third-party tool that can record your screen and webcam video simultaneously. You can even edit your videos using Screen Flow before exporting them. Here is how to record screen using ScreenFlow:
- Install and launch ScreenFlow.
- Choose Configure Recording to select the recording area, frame rate, and other settings.
- Press the Record button to start recording and press the Stop button to finish your recording.
- After completing the recording, you can edit your video by trimming, adding annotations, and background music.
4. Camtasia for Mac:
Camtasia for Mac is a popular screen recording and video editing tool used by content creators worldwide. The Camtasia video editor empowers you to edit and enhance your recordings professionally. The process of Screen recording using Camtasia for Mac is as follows:
- Download and launch Camtasia for Mac.
- Choose the record screen option from the screen recording dropdown.
- Select the recording area and press the Record button to start recording the screen.
- You can Pause, Resume, and Stop the recording during the session.
- After completing the recording, you can edit your video using Camtasia’s advanced video editor.
5. OBS Studio:
OBS Studio is an open-source recording software that you can customize to your liking. This tool is best for recording games or streaming, but you can record your Mac screen too. The steps for screen recording with OBS Studio are below:
- Download and install OBS Studio on your Mac.
- Configure the recording settings like video quality, target frame rate, and output format.
- Select the recording area and press the Record button.
- After completing the recording, you can export your file in several formats at different resolutions.
Screen recording on Mac can be of great help to create tutorials, presentations, and online courses. You don’t need to be an expert in video production to use Mac’s built-in tools or third-party apps to record your screen. In this article, we have discussed some of the best ways to screen record on Mac. Try out all of these and select the one that suits your needs the most. If you need more How-to Guides, please check here.