Do you have an Apple Watch? Are you curious about how to use a keyboard on your device? Don’t worry, it’s not as complicated as it sounds! There are several ways that you can access and use a keyboard on your Apple Watch. In this blog post, we will provide a step-by-step guide that will show you how to quickly and easily set up and use a keyboard for your Apple Watch.
Table of Contents
How to Get a Keyboard for Your Apple Watch?
It is easy and convenient to use features like Scribble or Siri to send emails and text messages. However, there are some situations we are inconvenient to use audio typing. At this time, we need to use the keyboard to type the text.
Before knowing how to use keyboards on Apple watch, we need to know how to get keyboards first.
- Apple Watch Series 7, Series 8, or Ultrarunning watchOS 8 or later have Apple Watch texting keyboard on it.
- Older Apple Watch models need a third-party keyboard app to realize the keyboard typing.
Therefore, you need to add a keyboard for the older Apple Watch Series 7 model.
- Install the app from the App Store. Simply search “keyboard” in the App Store, and select the app you would like to install.
- Once installed, open the app and follow the instructions for setting up and connecting your keyboard. You may be prompted to enter some information, such as your name, email address, or password.
- Once completed, you should be ready to start typing with your new keyboard!
How to Use a Bluetooth Keyboard on Apple Watch?
If you think the keyboard on the Apple Watch is small to type, you can also connect with a Bluetooth keyboard. Setting up a Bluetooth keyboard on your Apple Watch is a great way to type quickly and efficiently. Here’s how you can use a Bluetooth Keyboard with your Apple Watch:
- Make sure that your Bluetooth Keyboard is compatible with your Apple Watch before making the purchase.
- Turn on your Bluetooth device and make sure that it is visible in the settings of your iPhone and watch.
- Pair your Bluetooth keyboard directly with your Apple Watch by placing it near enough while turning it on once again.
- On your Apple Watch, go to Settings > Accessibility > VoiceOver > Keyboards.
- Scroll down and tap the keyboard under Devices.
How to Set/Change Your Language Settings?
If you need to set or change your language settings in order for the keyboard feature to work properly on your Apple Watch. To do this,
- Open Settings on the paired iPhone, select General, tap Language & Region, select iPhone Language, and choose English (UK or USA).
- Enable Handwriting Recognition for Scribble as well as Keyboard for Text Input Method if they are not already enabled.
How to Use a Keyboard on Your Apple Watch?
- To begin using the keyboard simply tap on the icon located at the bottom of the screen. This will open up the virtual keyboard on your watch display. From here, you can type out messages or notes with ease!
- Tap the 123 icons on the keyboard to switch from letters to numbers.
- Tap Done or Cancel to close the keyboard when you’re finished typing.
- When you tap to see the keyboard, the other steps are the same as typing on iPhone.
We hope this guide has helped show you how simple it is to set up a keyboard on an Apple Watch. Whether it’s for sending text messages or taking notes on the go, having access to a virtual keyboard makes life much easier when using an Apple Watch! We wish you luck in setting up and utilizing various keyboards for all of your needs!